On that fateful day, both rich and poor perished together with a total of 1514 souls taken into eternity. Out of 2224, only 710 were saved Psalm 7:10.
I could have used Psalm 15:1-4 or Psalm 22:24, but I do not see the purpose of stating the obvious.
I do not believe that it was the hand of God in heaven but that of the work of the wicked one thinking he to be a god. Known to us as the god of this world and not the one Christ came from.
If indeed the words were spoken that God himself could not sink her, it was not HE trying to prove HE could; It was the other seeking to lay blame on God.
Knowing the end from the beginning, God knew what would happen on that day. The Psalm warns rich and poor alike; there is a day of reckoning.
The question often comes up, where was God when disaster strikes? The best answer I have heard is “The same place HE was when HIS only SON was being beaten to redeem the lost back to HIM.”
Free will is coming to its last test. Each of us must decide where they will spend eternity with HIM who loves you so much that HE sent HIS only Son to show you how much he does love you and just how much he hates sin.
The other choice many are following now one who could not even produce a plan for global peace who ruins families with strife and anger who has caused all your problems and why would anyone opt to stay with him is sure signs of insanity because your worst day here is your best day there and it never ends. You were created to be spirit and one that never dies.
Why would any minister who knew me and saw my heart play devil’s advocate?
A peace plan for creation is definitely needed.
Those who do not make resurrection will out of HIS love and mercy be compelled to the cross.
What caused the sinking and destruction of the Titanic was human pride in an attempt to make a speed record as well. Had not pride come into it, many of those souls would have been spared. Slow and steady wins the race.
On that night they say the ocean was as calm as glass and you could not see where the earth ended, and the stars began. It became a busy day for the angels, as many were escorted to heaven while others went into eternity without Christ.
14 April 1912
4+14+19+12 Psalm 49
(1) Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:
(2) Both low and high, rich and poor, together.
(3) My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.
(4) I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.
(5) Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
(6) They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
(7) None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
(8) (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
(9) That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.
(10) For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
(11) Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
(12) Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
(13) This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
(14) Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
(15) But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
(16) Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;
(17) For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
(18) Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
(19) He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.
(20) Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.
Don’t be sunk give your life to Jesus Christ and rise above the waters.