The threat to the priesthood and all the pantheon of gods that gathered in ROME to hinder the work of Christ is that God’s word is read and stood upon, that lost souls would hear of it and be saved.
I speak of peace, but they are for war.
Psalms 120:1-7 KJV
(1) A Song of degrees. In my distress, I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
(2) Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue.
(3) What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
(4) Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper.
(5) Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
(6) My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
(7) I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.
The good news is the war is ending.