Reasons why the world has lost its way.
(21) No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.
(22) And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.
Some versions refer to wineskins instead of bottles. Claiming the hide of the lambskin stretched while fermentation of the wine was taking place, in an old wineskin the gasses from fermentation would tear the skins that had no more room to stretch. Pentecostals always understand wine represents spirit in this particular parable it is the teaching and message of Christ that the priesthood would not understand that after the final sacrifice of HIM they would no longer be needed they served their purpose, on to better things. Some people have a pride they don’t want to hear they are not needed for their existing position. In business, it happens all the time this was no different Jesus was cutting out middle management.
A priesthood today whether it be a restored Aaronic Mormon Priesthood or a Catholic Priesthood is a mockery of the finished work of Jesus Christ claiming that Jesus lied when HE said it was finished. Satan began the priesthood only to make slaves of men, G-d ordered HIS priesthood to build a society based on law and made HIS to set men free from the curse of that law necessary for a peaceful society. With HIS HOLY SPIRIT spirit in us, we delight in keeping the law. HE is the reminder that HE is there in us and nothing more is needed except for the occasional sacraments of bread and wine. Do this in remembrance of HIM and the new covenant.
Once a month is sufficient, every day takes away the precious ritual it was meant to be, it cheapens the purpose of it.
The context of the new cloth and new wine falls into the conversation of why did Jesus’s disciples not fast like John and the Pharisees?
Mar 2:18 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?
The old teachings and traditions no longer fit in with what Jesus was bringing. Jesus was putting an end to the need for the earthly priesthood and sacrificing.
I recently watched a video talking about Heinrich Luitpold Himmler and his fascination with the occult a man ignorant to the truth. He claimed Christians hijacked the German heritage and buried it (which is true) he felt it needed to be raised back up. Obviously, he had no idea what he had in Christ as a Royal Priest a member of a HOLY NATION because his church the Roman Catholic Church did not teach the end of the priesthood and the remaking of us all into that higher calling. The man was a monster because a church made him that way, by hiding the truth.
They claim to have the keys but never locked the gates of hell and left the gates to heaven to be found in some cryptic crazed maze filled with the doctrines of demons.
Himmler took back the old pagan holidays for his SS troops that were changed to Catholic holidays. Roman Catholicism claimed they are better with a Christian influence. It neglects the teaching of Christ on the matter of placing a new patch on an old garment.
The Bible teaches us to be not like the world but to be separate meaning let the Pagan’s do their thing while we do ours. In time they would have found that our celebrations have much more joy, peace, and harmony. The other way made it look like we needed to fit in!
The world needs to conform to the standard of the Kingdom and the teachings of Christ.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
(27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
133total visits,2visits today