- to force or drive, especially to a course of action: His disregard of the rules compels us to dismiss him.
2. to secure or bring about by force.
3. to force to submit; subdue.
(12) And He also went on to say to the one who had invited Him, “When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, otherwise they may also invite you in return and that will be your repayment.
(13) “But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,
(14) and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
(15) When one of those who were reclining at the table with Him heard this, he said to Him, “Blessed is everyone who will eat bread in the kingdom of God!”
(16) But He said to him, “A man was giving a big dinner, and he invited many;
(17) and at the dinner hour he sent his slave to say to those who had been invited, ‘Come; for everything is ready now.’
(18) “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first one said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of land and I need to go out and look at it; please consider me excused.’
(19) “Another one said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to try them out; please consider me excused.’
(20) “Another one said, ‘I have married a wife, and for that reason I cannot come.’
(21) “And the slave came back and reported this to his master. Then the head of the household became angry and said to his slave, ‘Go out at once into the streets and lanes of the city and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame.’
(22) “And the slave said, ‘Master, what you commanded has been done, and still there is room.’
(23) “And the master said to the slave, ‘Go out into the highways and along the hedges, and compel them to come in, so that my house may be filled.
(24) ‘For I tell you, none of those men who were invited shall taste of my dinner.’”
We all know it is G-d who desires all souls be brought home, for the banquet of HIS SON.
There are two ways to compel a person to do your will one is by violence and force. My best example would be a Mafia-like compelling. For instance, to take over a kingdom or destroy a Nation one would use gun’s and threaten the heads of states using their secret organizations who lie, cheat and steal.
That is not the way G-d compels.
He gives to whom HE wills the kingdoms of the earth.
In doing so HIS compelling is much more compelling because the one he is going to use will judge the unbeliever and separate the waters. Not a shot fired or a gun used.
I love my Jesus!
As we look around it is not hard to see the plans the dragon has for humanity and G-d allowed him to dress up in his precious treasures again using him as a magnet to draw away the verse 24 crowd who had the invitation and understood it but became to busy with their little empires.
The enemy said in the symbols of the battle made in Egypt if SON of G-d ever showed he would make him his pet.
Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof!
I carry the lamps he once carried is that good enough?
I’m only standing in for the SON until HE gets here.
Kind of what the original covering was supposed to say.
In the beginning, only G-d respected me.